Friday 25 November 2011

Adapting....

To life once more. Not that I've forgotten how to live but just living life as I should. Not having to wonder what other people are thinking but rather just living and enjoying the moment.

I've always thought I am living the life but things don't quite always pan out. But here I am, in my own place now and making the most of it.

Having just finished most of the wedding cake I was asked to bake, I feel a sense of achievement. To be given that opportunity to make an impression or just to give the happy couple that chance to have a beautiful wedding with a great tasting cake. And I dare say, I've made a beautiful cake. Nothing like what the professionals are like, but beautiful nonetheless.

But where am I going with this? I'm adapting my life to what I want it to be. Working at a challenging job on a topic that people seldom address unless confronted with, baking for the joy of it and when the time arises, get paid for it as well, and enjoying the comforts of living on my own.

I won't say whether I miss certain other things and people but who knows. Some things are better left unsaid.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

musings of the innovative baker © 2010

Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates